Why do I use Pink Himalayan salt rather than regular table salt?
Pink Himalayan contains up to 84 other essential minerals including magnesium, potassium and calcium plus other minerals needed by the body. Adding just a pinch of salt to your water or food throughout the day can help maintain a natural overall balance to maintain optimal energy levels.
Pink Himalayan salt includes a significantly higher number of minerals than regular table salt, and this is what gives it this pink color.
Being hand-extracted, pink Himalayan salt is minimally processed which means it is unrefined and free from additives. The natural process of harvesting this salt doesn’t strip minerals away from it.
1. Pink Himalayan salt is lower in sodium than table salt therefore helps control blood pressure (high sodium levels can increase blood pressure)
2. Table salt can actually dehydrate you. Pink Himalayan salt aids with hydration as it helps maintaining fluid balance and blood pressure in your body.
3. You will consume less as it’s stronger in taste than table salt.
4. Pink Himalayan contains several minerals such as calcium and magnesium which are important for bone formation and density.
5. If can aid sleep. Low-salt diets may contribute to sleeping problems. This suggests that an adequate amount of salt may be necessary for quality sleep.
Try switching your regular table salt to pink Himalayan and see if you notice the differences.